Dryer Vent Fire At Kildare House In Windsor

Originally published here by Ian Shalapata.

The cause of an early morning fire at the Kildare House is a good reminder for home owners.

Four units from Windsor Fire and Rescue were called to the Walkerville hot spot this morning around 8am when employees reported a dryer vent fire. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire with minimal damage, but the smoke smell is the main issue to be dealt with now.

Over 15,000 vent fires occur in homes yearly. Lint, which builds up in the vent, can reduce air flow and cause exhaust gases to back up into the dryer. Regularly cleaning the vent can help to reduce the risk of fire.